Posted on October 20, 2015 in Biographies
Written by: David B. Honig
Hall, Render, Killian, Heath & Lyman, P.C.
180 Admiral Cochrane Drive
Annapolis, MD 21404
Tim Adelman’s practice focus on regulatory compliance. His broad based knowledge of health system operations allow him to navigate through the day-to-day operational as they intersect with regulatory compliance. Mr. Adelman routinely conducts internal investigations and represents clients in government investigations.
- Franklin & Marshall College, B.A., with honors – 1999
- University of Maryland Robert H. Smith School of Business, M.B.A. – 2002
- University of Maryland Francis King Carey School of Law, J.D., with honors – 2002
Admitted to Bar
- Maryland – 2003
- District of Columbia – 2006
- American Health Lawyers Association Medical Staff Credentialing and Peer Review Practice Group – Vice-Chair, 2007-2010; Chair, 2010-2013; Board of Directors, Member, 2013-Present
- National Association of Medical Staff Services: Member, 2010-Present; Annual Program Committee, Member, 2013
- Maryland State Bar Association, 2003-Present
- American Bar Association, 2003-Present
- Montgomery County Bar Association, 2003-Present
- Anne Arundel County Bar Association, 2005-Present
Representative FCA cases
United States ex rel. (Sealed) v. (Sealed). Represented a provider in a three year criminal investigation, alleging medical unnecessary procedures by a interventional radiologist. After numerous presentations to the prosecutors, including presentation of expert witnesses, the Government declined to indict and close the case.
United States ex rel. (Sealed) v. (Sealed). Represented a large health system in response to a civil investigative demand arising out of a whistleblower complaint that sleep centers were using unlicensed technicians. After provided detailed legal analysis to Government regarding the licensing requirements for independent diagnostic facilities versus hospital based facilities, the Government closed the matter.