Posted on October 25, 2015 in Biographies
Written by: David B. Honig
Hall, Render, Killian, Heath & Lyman, LLP
3015 Carrington Mill Boulevard, Suite 450
Morrisville, NC 27560
Laetitia Cheltenham is a licensed and nationally certified health care provider and health law attorney. She focuses her practice on advising clients on a wide variety of matters, including health care compliance and audits; Stark Law and Anti-Kickback analysis; health care mergers/acquisitions and affiliations; health care contract drafting and negotiation; long-term care survey and certification; and managed care contracting matters. In addition, Laetitia also provides counsel on general corporate issues. She assists clients in forming corporate entities and developing and amending governance documents. She also frequently drafts and negotiates a variety of commercial agreements, including letters of intent, service, marketing and sales and nondisclosure agreements.
Prior to law school, Laetitia worked as a therapist, consultant and educator in both private and governmental health care settings. Her decade of experience as a provider inside health care organizations, such as medical centers, long-term care facilities and mental health agencies, informs her pragmatic and clinical perspectives on current health law issues.
University of North Carolina School of Law, J.D. – 2013
ADMITTED TO BAR
- North Carolina – 2013
- North Carolina Bar Association
- North Carolina Society of Health Care Attorneys – Alerts Committee
- American Health Lawyers Association
- Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc.
- North Carolina Banking Institute Journal, Volume 17 – Managing Editor
- Gressman-Pollitt Award for Outstanding Oral Advocacy, University of North Carolina School of Law – 2011
- Received Letter of Commendation from the Secretary of the United States Department of Veteran Affairs for Service & Leadership
- North Carolina Board of Recreational Therapy Licensure – Board of Directors