Posted on October 25, 2015 in Biographies
Written by: David B. Honig
Hall, Render, Killian, Heath & Lyman, P.C.
180 Admiral Cochrane Drive
Annapolis, MD 21404
Patrick Garcia regularly advises clients on regulatory and compliance issues with a particular focus on fraud and abuse laws, including Anti-Kickback, Stark, and False Claims Act lawsuits and investigations. Prior to entering private practice, Patrick served as Senior Counsel in the Office of Counsel to the Inspector General, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (OIG). In that role, he represented OIG in a wide range of civil and administrative health care fraud enforcement matters, including: False Claims Act and Civil Monetary Penalties Law investigations and settlements; exclusions from participation in federal health care programs; drafting, negotiating and monitoring Corporate Integrity Agreements; resolving self-disclosures related to false claims, kickbacks, and employment of excluded individuals; and EMTALA violations.
- Saint Louis University, B.A., magna cum laude – 2006
- Saint Louis University College for Public Health & Social Justice, M.H.A. – 2010
- Saint Louis University School of Law, J.D., Certificate in Health Law Studies – 2010
Admitted to Bar
- Missouri – 2010
- Maryland – 2016
- American Health Lawyers Association
- Health Care Compliance Association